Not able to detect improvements

Hi, I am currently trialling ROON. I am playing it through a PC USB connection from my ROTEL RA1570 Amp. I’ve opened up all the gateways in the Rotel driver to the max 192 kHz and 24 bit.
When I change settings in ROON ie. tick exclusive/untick exclusive or play around with the kHz and bitrate settings, I can hear no differences at all.
I am quite ignorant when it comes to computer settings, but love my audio, which, as you can imagine, leads to quite a bit of frustration.
I’m certain it’s all my fault but need to know how to get the best out of this set-up.
Also, is Googlecast Audio going to be compatible with ROON in the near future?

Hi Mark,

Altering the bit rate and resolution capabilities of your software and hardware won’t change the sound until you feed your system source material with that bit rate and resolution. That can be hi res files or upsampled Redbook files. Download a few free hi res files and see if you like what you hear.

Roon doesn’t have options designed to change the sound. It has options for different ways of interfacing with hardware. Sometimes people hear audible differences from them, but it’s usually not a huge difference. Roon tries to be bit perfect (purple signal path light) leaving any DSP to the user.

This KB page sets out the various options in Roon and describes what they are for.

Streaming to a Chromecast Audio endpoint is intended to be supported, but no timeframe has been announced.