Not all Tags in ARC are working

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC10i7FNK2 running Roon 2.0 (Build 1193)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Using a UPC Internet Box as the main rooter with several TPLink Access Points covering all areas in my house. No VPN is used.

Connected Audio Devices

• BeoSound Shape via Airplay
  • BeoSound 1 via Airplay
  • BeoSound Core via Airplay
  • 2 BeoPlay M5 via Airplay

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When I go to my content in ARC and then try to filter by several tags this does not always work. It seems that for Tags with less Tracks tagged it works, but as soon as a tag i above a certain amount of tags the tag does not work anymore and nothing is shown. For example I use the Tag “Christmas” with 136 Tracks this tag is working fine. If I use the tag “Punk Classics” with 5.000 Tracks ARC does not show me anything.

Hey @Alexander_Schuller,

Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to work through each thread. I wanted to check in on this issue and see if you still run into it on the newest Arc build 150?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Hi @benjamin!
Thank you for the response. I double checked the ARC build and it is the newest one: build 150. The issue with the tags does still exist. As described above it seems that above a certain amount of tracks in a tag the tag does not work in ARC.

Looking forward to your reply and a solution to this issue.

Thank you and best regards
Alexander

Hey @Alexander_Schuller,

Thanks for the update! We’re still investigating this issue, can you provide more detail about the type of content used with tags in your case? Is it all local content, or do you have streamed tracks from Qobuz or Tidal included as well?

If you could, please take note of the date and time the next time you run into an issue loading a tag on Arc? What do your downloads and Internal storage settings in Arc look like on your mobile device?

Hi @benjamin !

Regarding the content used with tags it is both local content and tracks from Tidal in my case.

I just tried it once again so the issue occured on March 15th 2023 at 21:52 CET.

Here are the infos on the settings:
Downloads are only enabled via WiFi
I did not download anything so far, but the files will be stored on the internal flash memory of my mobile phone which still has 26GB free space. I also took a look on the app settings in Android to see if there is a permission or something pending and it says everything is fine.

Thank you and best regards
Alexander

1 Like

Hey @Alexander_Schuller,

Thanks for sharing that info! After reviewing your account diagnostics, I believe the issue you are experiencing may be related to a genre-sourcing bug we are actively working on a solution for.

That said, I did also see a Unhandled exception: MissingPluginException error pop up around the timestamp you shared above. Would you please test out removing Arc from your mobile device, powering down and restarting the device, and re-install Arc over a stable network?

Thanks!

Hi @benjamin!

Thank you for the additional information. Good to hear that you already working on this bug.

I did as you recommended and removed Arc from my mobile phone, restarted the device and then re-installed Arc. I than was able to reproduce the tag issue at March 21st 2023 at 14:33 CET.

Best regards
Alexander

Perfect, thanks for sharing @Alexander_Schuller, I will keep you in the loop as things progress on our end. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.