Not connecting to Core [Solved - Sleep Settings]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini Catalina 2014

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi mesh network - net gear bridge Mac mini connected via Ethernet cat 5

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB to McIntosh integrated amplifier; airplay nodes, iPad, android devices running Roon remote

Description Of Issue

Recently Roon remote is not connecting or finding core after 15 minutes of inactivity. Need to access Roon core to start connection. Previously no need and could operate without intervention.
Recent problem, has worked flawlessly until a week ago.

Hi @Jonathan_Pressdee,

Welcome to the forum!

Does this behavior only affect certain remotes (iPad or Android) or does it affect all of them?

Can you clarify how exactly you are accessing the Roon Core to re-establish the connection? Does the monitor go to sleep and you have to wake it up again? Do you reboot the Roon Core app?

As per our Networking Best Practices Guide, can you please check to see that you have this setting applied?

Netgear Orbi Routers

If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

I think I figured it out. The Mac mini goes to sleep, I have changed the settings to keep it awake and now everything connects. I like to use the Mac mini headless so rarely have the monitor on. I have never needed to change any settings in the Orbing routers to access Roon core from either iOS or Android devices, so you all know. Most issues I get are usually related to Apple updating their iOS on one device or another. Thanks for reaching out.

1 Like

Hi @Jonathan_Pressdee,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved since disabling sleep on the Mac Mini! Yes, if the Core is not active then your Roon remotes won’t be able to connect.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.