Not finding Roon core

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

After solve the problem with seach, now I have a New problem. I can’t finding the Roon Core to select it. I can’t listen music during my holliday.

Please provide the information requested in this post.

1 Like

Hi @Vlamir_Habib,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using the template I added to your post.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating. Once we have more information we’d be happy to help.

[quote=“Vlamir_Habib, post:1, topic:204173”]

Roon Core Machine

Playback Designs MPT-8

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet cable connection
Fiber wifi 300/400 Mb

Connected Audio Devices

Playback Designs MPT-8
Roon is driven with iPad

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I can’t finding the Roon Core to select it. The Roon Remote App just shows the messange “Looking for Your Roon Core”.

Er - the MPT-8 is NOT a Roon Core - it’s a streamer (a Roon endpoint). So what is your Roon Core machine?

Maybe, but…

In addition, the MPT-8 can be customized with the following internal options. They don’t necessarily have to be installed at the factory, but can also be added as after-sales options by the dealer.
Connection of all digital sources to back of MPT-8
PLINK optical link
MPT-8 / MPD-8 combination for best performance and separation between digital and analog circuits

• Syrah music server: this adds the same exact functionality as Playback Designs’ very successful Syrah music server that is very easy to control via a custom app on a tablet. It also supports fully automatic ripping of CD’s and connection of external storage such as USB disk drives and network storage (NAS). Standard configuration is with an internal 2TB solid-state-disc (SSD).

• Roon Core Server: this option allows direct integration of the entire Dream system into any Roon audio network and makes it “roon-ready” with full support for any PCM or DSD rate. But it is also a full Roon server that can be controlled via Roon’s control app (iOS and Android). With its own network connection you can add an unlimited amount of files to your Roon music library.

But these are options, so still insufficient information from the OP.

http://www.playbackdesigns.com/docs/productsheets/PlaybackDesigns_Dream_MPT-8_ProductBrief.pdf

This is the case. My MPT-8 has Roon Core Server installed at the factory.
I don’t know which more informations I can give. I just need help to solve my problem!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.