Notify on New Recordings

I do this too, scheduled, mostly with the Discover Weekly playlists, unfortunately Tidal often only has a fraction of the songs.

I assume, maybe wrongly, that there are metadata providers who have weekly lists of all newly released content. What I would want Roon to do is compare that against my “favorite artists” and let me know if there is new material available from any of them. That is a computational task, but shouldn’t require much if any human work.

allmusic.com already has a notification capability - if you have a login set up on allmusic.com and follow an artist they let you know in advance of new releases and re-releases on the horizon. They get their metadata from the same source as Roon, but it would seem are more focused on leveraging it to enhance their utility to users.

I’d love that! Would save me a lot of visits to AllMusic :slight_smile:

I’d hate that. I choose my own channels and have no interest whatsoever to be “spammed” by plugging sellers. Also, preferences often depend on regions/continents and the current offers there.

After the install itunes on windows 7 I have noticed that the recording was not working at all and this really disturbed me. Please help me to fix the problem so that I can work with it.

You will have to add more details of your problem for people to be able to help.

+1 for me. Would really like that.

How come I didn’t add my +1 for this idea yet? That would be a great feature to have.

Add me to list. This is a great idea!

I just realized that I first posted this 2 years ago and I still haven’t seen much if any progress, but not just from Roon; neither Tidal nor Qobuz is making much progress. Both have suggestions of new music they think I would like, but artists that I have starred 10+ recordings from put out a new recording and it doesn’t show up in my recommendations???

This is obviously harder with classical than with newer genres. I don’t necessarily want a new notification on every Beethoven release or every new recording from a particular conductor or symphony. But I might want to know every new release from say a Rachel Podger or an Andrea Bocelli.

That is why I suggested the ability to simply create a list and put names on it and then have Roon notify each time there is a new release on Tidal or Qobuz from a name on the list.