Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

Soulful Jazz

RoonShareImage-636891539079777740

1 Like

I was really nervous during first ~30 seconds… because this is a modern Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis classic…

But then the funk really kicked in and my foot started tapping away :grin:

He kept some of the key classic original elements but very much also put his own unique flavour on it.

Love it.

RoonShareImage-636891540334341190

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636891546676241490

1 Like

Don’t know why a 62 year old guy (me) should love Disclosure so much. My wife got in my car the other day and asked “Is this all you listen to?”.
I love Settle. I don’t think there is any way you can twist that album into this thread, but I just tried.

2 Likes

Disclosure can (should) be enjoyed at any age Scott! Kudos.

Oh that’s easy - Soulful Electronic :grin:

Pretty sure I’ve posted a couple Settle tracks somewhere on this thread. One of my fav albums.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Auto-tune is a total debacle; prove me wrong

Funk%20Brothers
Thank you Mel for telling me about these guys.

1 Like

Good Jazz Funk is not just Nils Landgren :grinning:

3 Likes

You should also check this thread out for everything electronic :slight_smile:
Then you will have the car for yourself :sunglasses:
I’ve discovered som much new/old music with my fellow Rooners!

2 Likes

Will do Jan! Thank you.
Roon is magnificent. I found Disclosure via the “Dubstep” tag on James Blake. Never heard of that genre.
I’ve always loved Everything But The Girl and was always looking for something to take their place (if that could be done). I was reading Tracey Thorn’s Bio and ran across Romy Croft of The XX. Love them!
Kudos to people like Sean who put so much effort into curating threads like this. It’s priceless.

2 Likes

Oh this is a classic I haven’t heard in a while! Thanks for the prompt.

I dunno about ‘curating’ lol. Just sharing what I’m listening to, as I go along. Plenty of other people with so many great recommendations here too.

And yes, big up to @jaguone’s electronic thread! I’m always discovering gems over there.

1 Like

1 Like

We were in a restaurant in Opatija, Croatia (Valle Losca) for a long lunch a couple years ago. They played Barry White’s “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love” continuously the whole time we were there. I asked the waiter “what’s up with Barry White?”. He simply said, “the owner likes this song”.

The old ones endure for a reason.

2 Likes

Nice! I LOVED Malibu. Played that one all the time. But Oxnard wasn’t my cup of tea.
This (Ventura) looks promising. Hope we get access to the whole album soon.

1 Like

Seems to be a very common comment… and I agree too.

I like this but it’s 100% in the style of Partynextdoor x Bryson Tiller.

Like if Party and Tiller had a baby :grin:

I need the current generation to be more original. But I’m a Party and Tiller fan so naturally I like this for the melodies.

RoonShareImage-636894809314573350

Disclosure + Khalid. Soulful house. Great listen!

2 Likes

Great duet off a great new album, out today.

RoonShareImage-636894950698832170

1 Like

Off another great new album. Nice sampling of the Petshop Boy’s classic.

Funky bass guitar work.

RoonShareImage-636894951090694170

2 Likes

New music Friday continues. Love this track. Simple but nice production.

RoonShareImage-636894958043465910

2 Likes