Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

Tyrese, Ginuwine and Tank (TGT)

RoonShareImage-636516580726489540

Ashford & Simpson both wrote and produced this epic. “Explosion of loneliness, brought us to an ecstasy of tears”

2 Likes

What a good selection, thanks.

Unfortunately the SQ on the Enchantment compilation isn’t the best, check out the albums for that extra sweetness.

It’s always nice to him singing at the piano. Some may not know he’s a classically trained pianist.

RoonShareImage-636517202927140450

Classic

RoonShareImage-636517284116274390

A post was merged into an existing topic: What are you listening to now?

Barbara Mason laconically dismissing the emotional pygmies who disapprove of her domestic arrangements:

One of my favourite Vietnam songs:

2 Likes

I’m trying really hard not to wiggle my shoulders as I sit listening to this :joy: :ok_hand:

Can I get a soul clap :clap::clap:

RoonShareImage-636518243250775180

I feel so ashamed and embarrassed :weary:

How could I have a soul and R&B thread and so far haven’t given a shout out to the class act that is the extraordinary Ms Keys :heart_eyes:

RoonShareImage-636518265167281600

So good I need to give her a double shout-out :heart_eyes: :microphone::musical_note::guitar::musical_keyboard:

RoonShareImage-636518271165708560

1 Like

They don’t come much more rough, rugged and raw than this guy. The gear change into:

“I went to my mother,
I was loaded down in tears”

is very moving I find:

Northern Soul classic, urgent & desperate:

1 Like

This is something to savour

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/lh8F79Z.png

2 Likes

Rhythm and the blues :microphone: :musical_keyboard: :guitar: by the ageless Sade (who just turned 59 :heart_eyes: )

RoonShareImage-636519175553235020

1 Like

There I am, moaning about Tidal not having “Drop My Heart Off At The Door” by Barbara Hall, “This Hurt Is Real” by OV Wright or “Children Of The Night” by the Stylistics & many others when, lo & behold, I come upon this beauty. I’d like to believe they were raising their game, but it’s probably just happenstance:

This guy lived in the fast lane by all accounts, and, his passion here is undeniable:

Just about my favourite blue eyed soul side:

1 Like

I’ve a lot of time for the many contemporary artists that sound not unlike like this guy:

However, these are the guys I’d take to my Desert Island:

4 Likes

Uncle Keith is back with a great new track. Still doing what he does best - still beggin :joy:

Featuring one of my all time favourite voices - Mr. K-Ci Hailey, still sounding as phenomenal as ever.

RoonShareImage-636520484396790210

1 Like

Here is another artist back in form
https://i.imgur.com/yBOArE1.png

1 Like

Three chaps with a serious love jones:

Playing away from home is all well and good. Less so when the terrifying Betty Wright is waiting for you at home:

2 Likes

D1962AF5-CDFC-417B-B2F3-AB589D1CE711

Don’t feel like going to bed.

3 Likes

Don’t say you weren’t warned:

1 Like