Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

The Tiny Desk performance made me go back this old feel-good classic of hers

1 Like

I’ll have to check this out :sunglasses: later today.

Thank you. :fist_right:

1 Like

Not sure where to post this but I think you will enjoy this. And probably already posted :smiley:

3 Likes

This is an awesome track!

2 Likes

Another Retro-soul release from Finnish “Timmion Records”.

2 Likes

Gorgeous cover of the Kings Of Leon classic !

Yes you read correctly.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Classic. Production very very similar to another great track I’ll share next.

1 Like

Same year too :thinking:

Who cares. Both great tracks :grin:

Gorgeous production (Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis), melodies and vocals

1 Like

4 Likes

Unsure if it was posted anywhere - I’d have posted it if I wasn’t awol the past few month. It is a diverse and interesting album. many reviewers had it in their top lists for 2020.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Duvchi is popular here in Sweden. Just listen to “Altitude”!
“Impatient” was intended for Rihanna but Duvchi decided to do the song himself.
Cover art by Simon Stålenhag, whose art inspired an Amazon Prime series, Tales from the Loop.

1 Like

Wow that takes some b@lls - imagine how much richer one could be if Rihanna does your track and it does well :grin:

Fantastic track.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s been travelling ARN-LAX for the past five years making music (in Max Martin’s entourage of composers) , got burnt out (like Shellback) and returned to Stockholm. He says in a press release that by singing “Impatient” he took back control over his musical expression.

I think you have to do some compromises working with Max Martin to fit the hit music mold :wink:

You just drop one or two Rihanna tracks once in a while so that you can finance your own independent music.

1 Like

Ha Max Martin.

I think he could walk through the busiest cities in the world and nobody would know he’s written and/or produced 95% of their favourite hits of the past 20 years.

It doesn’t seem like his run is even close to ending either.

2 Likes

He’s found the recipe for continuous success. He has, I think, two music factories; one in LA and one in Stockholm. He attracts talented people, develops and coaches them as composers and producers to be skilled hit makers. Hes’ good at it, no doubt!

2 Likes

The talkbox is the icing on the cake. Talkbox makes everything better :grin:

1 Like

@jaguone and @dabassgoesboomboom, thanks for this information. I was completely unaware of it.
The beauty of Roon is I can now just search Max Martin as composer and hit Play Now. My music for today!

2 Likes

Haha when you shuffle through Max Martin compositions, it will probably be A LOT of “hey I heard that before!” moments.

Very pop but most of catalogue is/was inescapable at some point the past 20 years.

1 Like

1 Like