Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

:pray:

RoonShareImage-636704042109736420

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636704047077566440

2 Likes

2 Likes

Easily one of the all time greatest R&B songs ever.

Probably my 2nd all time favourite of MJ.

3 Likes

Wow, you and me both, mate:smile:

1 Like

Ha nice man. I have a feeling it’s got a few hundred million other fans out there too :grin:

And my fav MJ? Surprise surprise, the same team of hit makers.

2 Likes

Superfunky Dudley Perkins! Check this out!

1 Like

You’re right. But I am pre “Thriller” fan and proud of it!

1 Like

Ha! Nice man, the real MJ fans. I was going to say before he went ‘global’, but he was already global well before then. He went ‘galactic’ with Thriller :grin:

An awesome funky listen. I know this name from somewhere but I can’t remember where.

1 Like

Now some Change and Luther Vandross

2 Likes

@dabassgoesboomboom

Funny enough I was listening to an old favorite when you commented on my ‘now playing’ message.

5 Likes

Hey Sean, you got the team right but the wrong song. This is the best MJ song. :wink::laughing:

1 Like

Ha! Well played.

Let’s just say Rock With You, Baby Be Mine and Lady In My Life are my top 3 fav MJ songs and I always have a VERY difficult time ranking them… :grin:

1 Like

My top 3 MJ songs are Rock With You, Baby Be Mine and P. Y. T. In addition, Love Never Felt So Good, would have been a great song had Quincy Jones just laid his hands on the production.

2 Likes

All for You relies heavily on sampling Change’s “Glow of Love”. Great song.

3 Likes

1 Like

Missing Alexander O’Neal “Hearsay” on Tidal. Not available on Spotify either. How come?

Hmm I’ve got it on Tidal in Australia.

It could be one of those licensing agreements that blocks certain albums in certain countries? I hate that.

Once all those old agreements expire and everyone has streaming access to all the music, it will be happy days.

Thanks for the info. As you say, it’s probably a licensing constraint for Sweden/Nordics. Strange. I trïed to use VPN (Australia/USA) but the Tidal account seems to be connected to the country of my credit card. I think I have the CD somewhere but haven’t found it yet.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen my earlier posts way up the thread, I’m obsessed with Jimmy Jam’s and Terry Lewis’ production discography.

And their Janet and Alex O’Neal stuff is just legendary. You’ve given me a great idea what to play tonight :grin:

1 Like