Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

I’m new with Roon so I need to catch up on the forum​:grin: it’s addictive. Nice chatting with you :+1:t2:

1 Like

Production as smooth as butter.

3 Likes

Even more buttery smooth on the ears.

RoonShareImage-636704919823387970

3 Likes

From 1985 to 2015… I could dedicate an entire thread to the Flyte Tyme production duo :grin:

RoonShareImage-636704923675414330

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-636704984822807100

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636705507923039790

1 Like

2 Likes

Mixed feelings to play R. Kelly. The artist R. Kelly I love, the person - not so much.

Mats Nileskär, a Swedish journalist, started the programme “Soul Corner” on Swedish National Radio in 1978 to cover “black popular culture”. I was nine years old and remember listening to the show via a portable radio. He opened the door to soul, hip hop and R&B for me. Today the show is called “P3 Soul” and he is still doing the show, at an age of 59 years!
He has interviewed Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes, Aretha Franklin, Steve Wonder, The Roots, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Luther Vandross (the day before he had stroke), Alyiaah (2 weeks before her death), Post Malone, Jay-Z, Beoyncé to name drop a few. In total 6000 (!) interviews!

An interview Mats did with 2Pac is even sampled by Kendrik Lamar on “Mortal Man”.

Mats Nileskär is a legend and his show is a treasure for everyone into soul, funk, hiphop, R&B. The only downside is that the show is in Swedish. He still uses a roll tape recorder for his interviews!

P3 Soul
Mats Nileskär @ Instagram
Questlove on Mats Nileskär

2 Likes

Wow, that is insanely cool. His instagram page is literally a ‘who’s who’ of the best to ever do it.

Much respect to him :raised_hands: and thanks for sharing.

1 Like

“Hey! It’s you, you crazy motherfucker!” Mats Nileskär interviewed Jigga in the nineties before the fame. Around 2002, Mats was in New York visiting a record company, Jay-Z, now a mega star, saw him, rushed after Mats and thanked the odd Swede that used an oldfashioned roll tape recorder. “Hey! It’s you…”

Mats Nileskär has many great stories. He is writing on his memoires but doesn’t want to finish it because he is “still in the game” and publishing a memoir means a closure.

1 Like

Shared experience! :smile:

Mr Nileskär showed the way.

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-636705625122172410

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636705758077455670

3 Likes

Lucy Pearl - Raphael Saadiq, Dawn Robertson (En Vogue), Al Shaheed Muhammad (A Tribe Called Quest). Only one album for this super group.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Wrapped in '80s sound. Abra.

1 Like

Nao

1 Like

OG Heartthrob with Majid Jordan. This is a great song that I listened to countless times.

1 Like