Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

Or a a cappella cover. Look at us. Trying to demystify those seconds. Ronson did this on purpose.:confused:

1 Like

Haha itā€™s cool if it is unreleased though. Need to investigate.

1 Like

Wow this is so dope!

Kudos to Mark Ronson finding and using this!

The nerds like me would definitely have been trying to work this one out, if they hadnā€™t heard this before.

Thatā€™s a really cool sample to use.

One of the YouTube comments :grin:

Nice to see Iā€™m not the only one that was pulling my hair out and saying ā€œwhat is THATā€ !?

1 Like

Wow. Kudos to you for finding this :pray:. I bet that youtube video will skyrocket in views.

1 Like

I have to be honest, I always thought Mark Ronson was a bit overrated. Especially getting too much of the credit for some of his Amy Winehouse stuff (I always thought her real classic stuff was with Salaam Remi)

But today everything changed. Mark Ronson gets major respect for this remix :grin: :raised_hands:

1 Like

You guys are hopelessly MJ nerdy. I feel behindā€¦ :rofl: Great work by Mark Ronson.

2 Likes

Haha you have no idea how nerdy I am with a lot of music.

I have to hold back a bit or else it becomes ā€œthat guy has a problemā€ :grin:

I love all the background trivia and stories, like who produced, who wrote, who played on a song, etc etc

Thereā€™s a music documentary on Swedish TV called ā€œthe story behind the hit songā€. Jay-Z,Metallica, Right said Fred, etc.
They talk to the band/artist and people around that can tell the story. In Swedish though, but since there are so many English hit songs, interviews are in English. Very interesting and entertaining! Give it a try!
The tenth season is available on https://www.svtplay.se/hitlatens-historia?tab=2018
Use VPN if needed.

1 Like

Kim Cesarion. Maybe more pop than R&Bā€¦

1 Like

One more. Beautiful.

1 Like

ā€œAngel wingsā€ is awesome.

1 Like

He has a great voice. He was just on Swedish television and performed live. Decided to revisit some tunes.
I think you will like this one.

1 Like

Hehe I was heavily anticipating his new music. Loved that new tune the day it was released.

If you see him around Sweden tell him Sean from Australia needs a follow-up album! :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m impressed! Some random Aussie, who knew :open_mouth:

1 Like

Actually he had a huge worldwide hit ā€œI love this lifeā€ all over the radio.

A few million more than just a random Aussie heard him :wink:

I shared plenty of Kim Cesarion way up the thread last year too.

1 Like

Yeah, ā€œUndressedā€ not to forget. Great to read that you like Kim Cesarion.:+1: Any similar artists in Australia?

1 Like

The R&B music scene (radio play, tours by overseas artists, clubs etcs) is quite healthy here but no big local artist at the moment.

We did before though - Kaylan & CDB produced some classic R&B. Hard to find their music on streaming though. If you can find Kaylanā€™s album on eBay or something, I can promise you, you wonā€™t regret it. You would think it was produced by Babyface but it was produced by those talented brothers.

RoonShareImage-636713865204681840

1 Like

One of the brothers of Kaylan tragically passed at a young age of cancer but his brother formed an amazing band.

This might be available for streaming. Great soul and R&B music. Not sure about these genre tags of electronic and pop/rock.

RoonShareImage-636713866625858860

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. This sounds great.

1 Like