NP5 MK2 Playback Issues - Not Appearing in Roon

I have the same issue with my NP5 MKII - It seems to happen when it goes into standby. Afterwards Spotify Connect, local streaming and webradio works, so it is not because of network connectivity.

If I reboot the device it pops up as an endpoint in Roon again.

Setup:
Intel NUC (Roon Core)
NP5 MKII => Chord Hugo 2 (which is shown as an endpoint - usb - )

I could just set the streamer to never go into standby, but that should not be necessary…

That’s right, and this does not happen with my older Prisma NP5 MK1.
Probably a firmware bug and I would report the issue to Primare.
I had a different problem with my NP5, years ago related to Roon, and reported it to Primare Customer Service. I received a friendly response and it was fixed in a timely manner with an update.

https://helpdesk.primare.net/hc/en-us

1 Like

Thank you.

I’ve just reported it to Primare Customer service. Hopefully they can fix the issue.

I’ll write here, when I’ve heard from them.

Just ordered one of these - look forward to your update from Primare.

Hej Benjamin,

thank your for your post.

I had the problem just before my initial post Oct. 16.

Just had the issue again, Nov 8 just around 1145.

My BlueSound Node 2i and Cambridge Audio CXN v2 never has this issue. Bluesound is wireless and CXN v2 ethernet, just as my NP5mkII

The NP5 is visiable as Chromecast, Airplay in Roon, but not as Roon Ready. Reboot core, app (windows) and the NP5 mostly solve the issue. Sometimes I just need to reboot the NP5.

Best Regards

Ivan D. Nielsen

Hey @Ivan_Dahl_Nielsen,

I’ve split off your replies into a new thread in order to receive proper attention.

Following up on this, what information did the Primare support offer? Beyond that, we’ll need you to fill out your full system set up details to better understand your full setup:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

I had the same problem with my NP5 Mk.1.

When connected to the network via WiFi, it would become invisible to Roon if not used for a while. A reboot of the NP5 via the Primare app made it visible again.

However, when connected via Ethernet the problem never happened.

It sounds like the Mk.2 has the same problem…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.