NUC 11 coming out ... worth it?

@danny Is there any progress on NUC11 support? Some people (including me) are waiting for that support to switch on ROCK.

2 Likes

Planning to build a Roon ROCK using a NUC 11th gen. When will the ROCK software be ready to use for the 11th gen NUC? Best Regards

I am pretty sure its ready and working now, just not officially supported yet.

Today I got ROON working on a NUC 11th Gen. Works fine. I used an Ubuntu linux version, and am now using the Linux ROON version. I sold my NUC10i7 and wanted to try out some things with the NUC 11th. Works like charm very quiet. I am using a NUC11 i5 pro

Hi Harry, this thread is in the ROCK category of the forum, so I believe that posters are interested in when/if a NUC 11 system will use ROCK.

There has never been an issue about running a Linux distro or Windows 10 on a Nuc 11 and using those to run Roon onā€¦

You are right, I have the NUC11 ready to try out with ROCK, the moment it is released.

1 Like

Hey guys, any further news on when ROCK might be ready for Nuc 11th gen? My Mac Mini is dying and time for a new guy. Nuc 11th gen on sale here in Australia.

Cheers,
Glen

@danny please let us know the status with NUC 11 gen.
Thank you very much

2 Likes

Any news on the status @danny?

2 Likes

Following as I accidently purchased an 11 just for rock and am left dissapointed.

You can return it, or use Windows while waiting for ROCK release for NUC11.

Any news @danny? I had Roon server on windows running for a day and now I just get a Roon spinning symbol of death. Any news on a simple clean Rock install would be greatly appreciated. If it canā€™t be possible, please let us know and I will sell my Nuc 11
Cheers,
Glen

@danny

[Moderated off topic content removed]

To be honest the pace of Roon keeping up making their code compatible with hardware updates is getting slower and slower. Makes it hard to keep remaining a customer.

Is there anyone out there in Roon world that can respond? @danny a simple update would be appreciated. The last response was months ago, back in January. A simple yes or no would do. Not very professional!

What so difficult to understand? :thinking:

Is NUC11 supported for ROCK/Roon OS use use? - No!

Will it be? Probablyā€¦
When? Stop askingā€¦

Just get a supported unit or thread your own path with other OS.

3 Likes

The lack of communication from a professional entity is what is hard to understand @Mikael_Ollars.
Iā€™m well aware a Nuc 11 is not supported at this moment, and I have set up Roon via Windows.
However in January it was mentioned by Roon that this was being worked on. If it canā€™t be done cā€™est la vie.
I have merely asked for an update and have not received a word of acknowledgment.
After paying for a lifetime subscription, I find the absence of contact from Roon bewildering and to be honest, upsetting.
If any audio hardware manufacturer was called out for such behaviour on the ā€˜netā€™ they would be hung out to dry and trust would be questioned.

Itā€™s not that hard to understand though, NUC 11 support is not ready yet.

I bought a NUC 11 for ROCK also, without realizing that it will not work because ROCK only works with Legacy Boot not UEFI Boot!

Would hope ROCK will be updated very soon for NUC 11 support.

Windows + Intel NUC 11 Extreme Kit. Whoā€™s ROCK? :slight_smile:

Stick with NUC10 for now is my suggestion.