NUC not reachable every 2 days

Roon Core Machine

Roon Rock, Intel Boxnuc8I7Beh2 Nuc Pc/Workstation Barebone, I7-8559U, 2.7 Ghz Ucff, Bga 1528
Transcend TS128GMTE110S 128GB M.2 2280PCIe Gen3x4 3D Ram
Crucial CT8G4SFS8266, 8GB memory, DDR4, 2666 MT/s, PC4-21300, Single Rank x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin, green

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Technicolor TC7210 wifi-modem

Connected Audio Devices

dCS Networkbridge, ethernet cable, Sonos Connect (wifi via Sonos Bridge, cabled)

Number of Tracks in Library

35,000 tracks

Description of Issue

For a few months now every say 2 days I cannot connect to Roon (via Windows laptop, android phone). Everytime I then look at the nuc I see the HD led blinking. When i give the nuc a hard reset it is oke again and i can use roon. But this is not how roon is supposed to work, right? The nuc I bought brand new in august 2020

Purchase the smallest capacity version of Samsung 970 to replace it, and install ROCK again.

1 Like

That is probably your boot drive starting to fail. Get backups, start looking for a (quality) replacement. I had an early Intel 600 drive go the same way.

1 Like

Hi @Sjaak_Biemans, I’d like to echo Peter and Henry’s thoughts above — Definitely look into the possibility of the SSD failing here.

@dylan I found the Transcend memory on Roons recommended NUC list, so I bought it. And how can it be broken if i can still power it up every 2 days? Whats the risk of buying a new memory, doing all the reinstalling rock stuff, and afterwards coclude the Transcend memory was not the cause of the problem? I know some things about computers, but I’m not an expert

Hi @Sjaak_Biemans, I ran some diagnostics on your device, and I’m definitely seeing some signs that the SSD might be failing here. There are quite a few errors related to the drive and, based on the symptoms, it’s definitely likely that this is contributing to the problems you’re seeing.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.