NUC ROCK to Mac Mini problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC8i7BEH using Room Optimized Core Kit ROCK
Roon OS: 1.0 (Build 227) stable
Roon Server SW: Version 1.7 (build 571) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC attached to NETGEAR 8-port Gigabit Switch (GS308-300PAS) switch on Linksys Velop Wifi 5 Mesh system connected to Sonic Gigabit Fiber modem.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• Apple MAC Mini (used as music server) wifi
    MAC Mini mid-2011 2.5GHz intel Core i5 8gb RAM, using os X Yosemite v 10.10.5

• 2 Sonos Connect, WiFi

• 1 Sonos S3, WiFi

• BlueSound Node 2, WiFi

Roon Remote Devices so far:
iPad Pro
Samsung Note8 Android

Subscriptons to:
J River
Tidal HIDef
MConnect Player (freebie)

Description Of Issue

Only Mac Mini (my music server) does not list in ROON ROCK on NUC8i7.

NUC8i7 is new and purchased specially for ROON ROCK. Normally MAC Mini is WiFi, but also tried connecting using ethernet via Linksys AC1200 Wifi Extender #RE6500 port WPS to Linksys Mesh system w/o success. ROON won’t recognize MAC mini Wifi or hardcabled.

Mac Mini is working fine with everything else on network as does access to Tidal, J River, MConnect, etc.

Hi @JamesW,

Just to confirm — Are you using the Mac as a remote and it’s unable to connect to the Core, or are you trying to find the Mac over the network from a different remote for playback?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.