NUC13 ROCK support?

Yep working beautifully as ROCK here. Very responsive. I maxed the RAM out at 64GB. Local music is on NAS which connects on 2.5Gbit LAN to NUC and rest on network very snappy. I couldn’t be more impressed. The NUC13ANHi7 is probably overkill in fact but thats exactly what I want.

Happy to answer any questions you might have

Regards

Andrew

3 Likes

THX @macrog Andrew. That is good to know.

I hope it will be on the list soon:

Torben

Did exactly the same with the same NUC13ANHi7 and very happy ever since! (as I had to replace a NUC8 due to failing network adapter)

Using a USB to Ethernet adapter might have worked.

@danny - It would be very nice it you could find the time to approve - hopefully - NUC13ANHi7.

I need more power and don’t want to go “Windows”

THX

Torben

yes most probably! But look, it was a rainy evening so I took the opportunity to upgrade to Gen13 which will last again for some X years unattended and unloved in some dark corner in the basement.

And how do you know that a NUC13 will provide enough “power”? You are just wishing and hoping.

As you have been told several times before, you need a high TDP desktop class CPU if you choose to do significant DSD native sample rate processing. A laptop class CPU is probably not going to cut it, no matter how many performance and efficiency cores you throw at the issue. Because the laptop CPU still is TDP limited and Roon DSP still is largely single threaded.

AJ

1 Like

Any one tried Roon Rock on NUC130Xi7 ?

I’m planning to change my NUC which is getting sluggish.

I’m hesitating between the NUC13ANHI7 and NUC130Xi7.

Any experiences with the NUC130Xi7 ?

@Thomas_Serra1 - Just be aware that NUC13 is not on the list :frowning:

Torben

Indeed, thanks, but it seems there are several positive experiences like @macrog, who shared his experience with you a few posts above.

Cheers,

Thomas

I can’t comment on the NUC130Xi7, but I’m using a NUC13ANHI5 without issue (I don’t require HMDI audio) - and I’m very happy with it.

2 Likes