NUC7I7, Roon CORE problem with second ethernet port since ver 2.0

Roon Core Machine

NUC7I7BNB with Roon Core latest version (2.0 ) successfully installed.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Cisco Catalyst 2930G
Belkin USB-C to ethernet adapter F2CU040

Connected Audio Devices

SOTM SMS-200

Number of Tracks in Library

Medium

Description of Issue

Since 2.0 upgrade of Roon Core, I lost my second ethernet connection ( = USB-3 ethernet adapter connected to the NUC.) Normally if I plug in the network adapter , after reboot of the NUC the second ethernet tab appears in the Roon dashboard, where i can configure the required settings. For some reason the USB-C network adapter is not recognized anymore by the Roon OS. Attempts to resolve;

The Belkin network Adapter works, checked on other (windows) device.
Installed latest Bios firmware for NUC7I7 BNB.
Reinstalled Roon OS from Roon Dashboard.
Several reboot attempts, with and without the adapter.
Resetnetwork cmd executed

All above attempts without resolve, Note sometimes after reinstall of the Roon OS , the second network adapter tab does appear. But after saving the network config the system becomes unstable and crashed, after reboot the second ethernet disappeared again.

Until ver 2.0 my preferred configuration; Two ethernet ports where I directly connect/ bridge to the SOTM SMS-200 with a static ethernet connection. The internal NUC ethernet port (1) is then connected thru the Cisco switch with the Internet.

Please advise.

Adding to this report 22-11;
I recently purchased an other USB 3.0 to Gigabit LAN Adapter from Sitecom. This one has a USB-A/B connector, stuck it in a free USB slot on the NUC and it works again. Note: that the USB-3 Adapter from Belkin is still not recognized on the USB-3 port as it was working perfectly for years before upgrade to Roon version 2.0.

Regards,

I suspect that the issue has nothing to do with Roon version 2.0, but has everything to do with Roon OS Build 254 that was recently released.

The Belkin driver may not have been included in the build?

Hi @Digitus_Maximus ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. Can you please confirm if you are still seeing this issue at the present time? Do you have any USB 2.0 to Ethernet adapters? Do those still work without issue?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.