Nucleus and Latest ROON 2 Version - local USB connected drives gone

Nucleus and Latest ROON 2 Version - local USB connected drives gone (one connected internally, one externally)

No USB and folders visible anymore to be added

Have you rebooted the Nucleus ?. There was an update to the USB Disc drivers in the V 2.0 Roon OS release

Yes I did, no change. None of the USB drives are visible.
I was on version 2 already, but all of a sudden the drives, which are both in working order, don’t show up.

SOLUTION:
Hook up at Windows PC 11 AND then eject the USB drive. Nucleus then recognizes the drive again.
Definitely a Nucleus USB driver problem.

UPDATE New Problem

I plugged in the USB audio cable on the outside USB. Immediately it lost the intern USB drive.
Had to unplug it and did a recovery on the PC and the safely unplugged it and hooked up again internally at the Nucleus. It was shown again.

The Nucleus USB drivers seem not be really reliable.

Hey @U_M,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, I was able to take a look into your account and see that your local files look to be identified on your core. Is this correct?

Let me know if you’re still having issues with your external drive here :pray:

If yes, please fill out the full system breakdown below:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!