Nucleus + Appears To Be Dead

My Nucleus + seemed to be hung up on analyzing audio tracks for some music that I had recently added to my library. Restarting the server software didn’t help, so I decided to try reinstalling the operating system. The OS installation process started but stayed on the spinning icon screen. After half an hour I gave up and cycled the power on the Nucleus +. It failed to boot up and I had no Roon, no web admin page, I couldn’t ping the IP address of the Nucleus +, and my Wi-Fi router list of connected devices did not show the Nucleus +.

I disconnected all cables from the Nucleus + and let it sit for 45 minutes - still dead. The light in the power switch is on, and the Ethernet port shows a solid amber light and a blinking green light. The final thing I tried was connecting a monitor to the HDMI port - it went immediately into power save mode.

The Nucleus + had been behaving sluggishly prior to this meltdown, with random slow downs and occasional lockups. I purchased the Nucleus + brand new at the end of December 2022. At this point I am out of ideas and need help from Support.

Hey @Gerald_Schrader,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with your Nucleus!

If nothing appears on the screen, and the Nucleus is powered on + connected to your network, you could be facing some hardware-based issues. I will follow up via private message with next steps. Please keep an eye out for a direct message from me! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.