Nucleus connected USB device is not seen anymore in the audio zones

My USB.DAC (Dspeaker X4) has worked perfectly well with Nucleus several months but after the latest update it disappeared from the audio zone and it looks impossible to get it back. I’ve tried every amateurish tricks but nothing happens. Nucleus has a wired ethernet connection and no problems with it. Remote (Sony Xperia android 6.0.1) is also ok. What kind of magic should I try next to get the problem solved? Firmware 1.0 (build 186) stable , version 1.7 (build 537) stable.

Hi @Jarmo_Kinnari,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Settings -> Audio tab? Have you tried a different USB cable for the DAC -> Nucleus connection yet?

Hi Noris,
USB cable is Audioquest Cinnamon and it works fine elsewhere.
Attached you’ll find the picture of Audio.
IMG_0045|677x500

Hi @Jarmo_Kinnari,

Do you have any other DAC or USB audio devices you could try connecting to the Nucleus? If you try connecting those, do they show up as expected? Is the Dspeaker the only device impacted by this behavior?

Hi Noris,

I have Audiolab DAC in my bedroom and when I tried it with Nucleus it appeared in the audio settings in a second so the scapegoat had been found and it was not Nucleus. The only thing I could still do was resetting Dspeaker X4 (which is by the way still the first rate device) to factory defaults and heureka, it began to work perfectly well as before. It remains still a mystery what was wrong (maybe a corona virus bastard) but the story has a happy ending. Thanks for the first aid and take care of yourselves.

Hi @Jarmo_Kinnari,

That’s fantastic news @Jarmo_Kinnari, happy to help!
Hope you’re staying safe out there as well and do let us know if you run into any further issues!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.