Nucleus + continues to not work - frustrating

Hello @Brian_Emerson,

You would want to have Multicast turned on for Roon to work properly.
Please let me know how it goes when plugging your Nucleus directly into the router.

Thanks,
Noris

Iā€™m sorry I meant to say multicast filter was off. Is that the correct setting?

Hello @Brian_Emerson,

Yes, multicast filter to off should be the correct setting. I have received word from the QA team that this appears to be networking related so I would suggest plugging the Nucleus directly into the router and afterwards please let me know if the behavior is still the same.

Thanks,
Noris

Nucleus has been plugged into router since yesterday. Still experiencing dropouts, missing cover art and stoppages. Not as often though.

Thanks for letting me know that info @Brian_Emerson. I can confirm that the newest diagnostics from your machine have reached our servers and I have asked QA to take a look, I will be sure to let you know what they say.

Can you please confirm for me which Roon Remote you are using to control the Nucleus? Is the behavior the same on multiple Roon Remotes or just one?

Thanks,
Noris

The 3 remotes I use are iPad pro, Macbook pro, and Pixel 2xl.

Hello @Brian_Emerson,

I had a meeting with QA and the senior devs and we would like to propose a cleaner troubleshooting test here. Can I please ask you to:

• Connect your QNAP and your Manhattan DAC directly to the router and use it for 24 hrs
  • Let us know how it goes and we will confirm that diagnostics successfully reached our servers
  • Then after 24 hours, disconnect your QNAP and connect the Nucleus to the same Ethernet port that the QNAP was connected with
  • Let me know if there are any issues with the Nucleus and we will confirm that diagnostics reached our servers
  • We will then take a look at the diagnostics from both QNAP and Nucleus and compare them to see what is going on differently

Thanks,
Noris

Hey Noris, thatā€™s not going to work for many reasons. Lack of free ports on the router being the main one. Also it is completely impractical moving that gear where my router is located. Is there anything else we can try?

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately, the only way forward here is to troubleshoot whatā€™s going on in the environment ā€“ our senior technical staff looked over this report yesterday, and I donā€™t want to waste your time here trying other tests that may help us understand the problem better, but are unlikely to result in meaningful progress.

The Nucleus+ is performing differently in your environment and we need to figure out what makes your environment different ā€“ itā€™s frustrating but thereā€™s not much more to it than that.

How would you like to proceed here? Would you like us to speak with your dealer? Is there someone who administers your network we can talk with?

The tests Noris outlined above are designed to yield meaningful insights about the environment, with minimal amounts of time spent by you troubleshooting. If there was a way that didnā€™t involve moving gear around, we would generally start there, but Iā€™m open to other suggestions about how we can identify what makes your environment different.

Again, thanks for your patience here Brian.

Is there some importance to the Manhattan II in this? I could move the QNAP but moving the Mytek out of my studio is a hassle and I need it for work. There is, however a PS Audio DSD connected by an Auralic Aries to the router. Can I move the QNAP and use the Auralic/PS Audio instead. Also is there any benefit to doing this over the weekend. Will there be anyone looking at it? To make matters worse Iā€™m leaving on Monday and not returning until Thursday next week. One of my worries is that since this was purchased mail order I may have a limited amount of time to return it if things donā€™t work out.

Thanks

Hello @Brian_Emerson,

Yes the QNAP + Auralic/PS Audio would still work as a test.

Iā€™m usually around over the weekend keeping an eye on things, so as soon as you have this test in place today and let it run for 24hrs, I can request QNAP diagnostics tomorrow and confirm once diagnostics are in.

Afterwards, you can switch over to the Nucleus and Iā€™ll confirm that those diagnostics arrived on Sunday (after running for 24hrs). QA can continue their investigation while you are away once we have those logs.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris, sorry for the delay but I ran into issues when I moved the Qnap. Roon on the Qnap would not load. It said it was initializing but would not leave that state. I have to leave town today and wonā€™t return until Thursday. What I have done however is left the Nucleus plugged into the router. I updated from a Qnap roon database and everything appears to be working so far (since Saturday). Is it possible to review diagnostics from this setup? I would be happy if everything stays working as well as it is now.

Thanks!

Hello @Brian_Emerson,

Glad to hear that the Nucleus is working again! I took a look at the diagnostics and am not seeing any strange behavior at this time, it might have been the restore from backup that set it back to behave as expected. If there is an issue after you get back please note the exact local time in your country (ex. 11:36PM) that you observe it occur at and we can certainly take another look once we have a timestamp reported from you.

Thanks,
Noris