Nucleus+ drops connection with BluSound/BluOs players and stops playback

April’19

My Nucleus+ is unable to stay connected to my BluSound Pulse2 speaker + NAD c168 BluOs

Using my Roon remote (on Mac OS device), I can start to play a selection from my music library (stored on the Nucleus+) however the sound only lasts for ~10 seconds and then it automatically stops. Hitting the play/arrow repeatedly does nothing, until I closeout and restart my remote and then it happens again…my selection plays for ~10 seconds and then it stops. Hence, I am unable to use Roon to play music.

This is extremely frustrating, any assistance would be appreciated! @support

Hi @David_Wickland,

What is your network setup like and how is the Pule 2 + NAD connected in this config? Can you let me know the model/manufacturer of your networking gear?

If you try to output to these zones individually, does one zone experience this issue but not the other?

Is the behavior the same for both streaming and local content?

– Noris

Hi ROON,

I really would appreciate some help. I am having an on-going issue with my ROON set-up that is prohibiting playback of the songs stored on my Nucleus+.

FYI I tried reaching out here ~2 weeks ago but was unable to reply back to the person that responded (Noris).

Here’s what I got:
Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus +, iOS Remotes, Blue Sound Pulse2 speaker and NAD 368 w/ BluOs Module (NAD amp wired to Floor Speakers).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

DSL to Router (Motorola MG7550 16x4 Cable Modem plus AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with Power Boost, 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0). ROON and NAD Amp are connected to the router via LAN lines.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD 368 w/ BluOs Module (NAD amp wired to Floor Speakers) + Blue Sound Pulse2 speaker. Pulse2 connects by bluetooth, Floor speakers wired to the NAD

Description Of Issue

When I try and use ROON via my iOS remote, I go though my library and chose an album/song and hit play. The song starts to play to the Pulse2 speaker but the sound quits after 10 secs…even though it continues to appear like it is playing on the remote. I pause it and try to play again (by hitting the play arrow on the remote). No response, no sound. If I quit the ROON remote and relaunch it, the selection will start playing out of the Pulse2 again but just for 10 seconds and then clicks off with no sound coming through the Pulse2 speaker even though playback appears to be continuing. This has been continuing for weeks.

A couple of things of note:

• After the song playing via ROON stops (no longer audible over the speaker) on the ROON remote still shows that the song is ‘playing’ with the curser moving along the track.

• I am able to use the BluOs app on my phone to stream music (from my iTunes library) and it plays fine out of both the Pulse2 and my NAD connected floor speakers. The problem only exists when using ROON with the library I have stored on the Nucleus+ (I am not using ROON to stream content)

• When I turn on the NAD Amplifier, the display on the amplifier shows the last song/group that was played via the BluOS app. Then when I try to play a new song via the ROON remote, the ROON song title appears on the NAD screen (replacing the BluOS song title) for the 10 seconds that the ROON audio plays to the Pulse2 speaker. When the sound cuts out from the speaker (10 secs in as described) the song title playing via ROON disappears from the NAD display. And the display returns to the previous BluOs title.

• A few times in the past month, regular playback started to work on its own, ie both zones played regularly and without an issue for several hours (Bliss). It was only after stopping and trying the next day that the same issue re-appeared and ROON playback was impossible again (Frustrating).

Appreciate any help you can provide to resolve this!

Thanks,
David

@support

Hi David,

I moved your new post to the old thread. @noris should be by to help you out.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @David_Wickland,

Thanks for the additional post here.

Just as a note, if you wish to reply to messages from me you will have to do so on the Community website on your thread (linked here: Nucleus+ drops connection with BluSound/BluOs players and stops playback), replying via email is not supported at this time.

As for this issue itself, can you let me know if the behavior is the same for both the NAD and the Pulse 2? If you try to play to these zones individually, do both of them experience this issue?

When has this issue started occurring? Do you recall if perhaps it was only after a change on your network or a firmware update on either device?

I would like to take a look at the diagnostics from your Core when this issue happens, but before I go ahead and enable this mode, can I please ask you to reproduce this issue to each zone individually and let me know the exact local time and date in your country of when this behavior occurs? E.g. 3:54PM on 5/17/19?

I would also like to request the Bluesound logs from your Pulse, and you can get these logs by navigating to Bluesound’s IP Address in a web browser -> Diagnostics -> More -> Copy + paste the text into a text editor and then share it as a shared Dropbox/Google Drive/Firefox Send link.

Please let me know the above info and then we can proceed with troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello Noris,

Thank you for your reply. At this time (and for what ever reason) the issue has fixed itself. Please advise how to proceed. Should I continue using ROON until the issue returns (if it returns) and reach out again here …or is it best to try to determine what the issue was? (not sure that’s possible at this point)

Thanks again,
David

Hi @David_Wickland,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved for the time being. If it occurs again please do provide the information I requested in my previous message here and we can move forward. I will also set an auto-close timer on this thread so that if the issue is indeed gone for good, there is no further action necessary on your part.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed after 43 days. New replies are no longer allowed.