Nucleus Internal Storage

I have set up a new Nucleus and installed an internal ssd into it. Currently it is playing music fine with part of my music library located on an SD card in a card reader plugged into the Nucleus USB port.

I assumed that I could import my music into the internal ssd, but I have yet to figure out how to do this. Is this possible or should I plan on using an external source for my music library?

Thanks,
Ted

Have you read this KB article? In particular, this bit:

The internal storage must be initialized/formatted using the Nucleus web administration interface before it can be used.

Once you have formatted the internal SSD, then you will need to copy across your music files, as stated in that KB article.

As the files are being copied across, Roon will import them into your library. Personally, when doing a major copy operation, I prefer to stop the Roon Server (using the Web administration interface) until the copying is done.

1 Like

Hi @Ted_Henry,

As Geoff mentioned you will need to format the internal Nucleus HDD prior to first use, and then after formatting it, you will need to use a PC to facilitate the media transfer via SMB like so:

Copying Music to the Drive

You can copy music to this drive by visiting the network share:

From a Windows PC

\\NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage

From a Mac

smb://NUCLEUS/Data/Storage/InternalStorage

Be sure to replace NUCLEUS with NUCLEUSPLUS if you have a Nucleus+

If asked for a username and password, use Guest for both.

You can access the SMB share by using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder. More information regarding importing media can be found in our Importing Media Knowledge Base Article. Do let us know if you have any difficulties!

Sorry for the delayed response. A family emergency took me out of town for awhile. After returning I shifted from trying to manage Roon using an iPad to loading my music files using my Mac and that worked perfectly. Music playback is working great. Thanks for your help.

–Ted

1 Like

Hi @Ted_Henry

Glad to hear you sorted the issue out, hope you have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.