Nucleus Keeps shutting down

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus shuts itself down, leading to an uh-oh warning, then will start up again on its own. Outage runs between 2 mins and an hour. Unit is not hot or even warm.

Rev A, s/n: 94c6911cfe21

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Lumen D1

Number of Tracks in Library

20,000+

Description of Issue

Nucleus shuts itself down, leading to an uh-oh warning, then will start up again on its own. Outage runs between 2 mins and an hour. Unit is not hot or even warm.

Rev A, s/n: 94c6911cfe21

Guys–@support need an RMA for out of warranty repair please

Hi @Frank_Wolbert1,

It might not be necessary to replace hardware here. Can you please get a screenshot of the WebUI for Nucleus? I’m seeing some crashes but it’s nothing apparent as the problem.

Next step (regardless of what your screenshot shows) is to remove your databases from the equation and see what happens. Here are the steps. Please don’t reimport your databases until you’ve had plenty of time to determine if the problem persists.

Thanks,
Wes

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Hi Wes–

no luck with any of this, including resetting the database. I think it’s hardware.

Frank

Hi @Frank_Wolbert1,

I have one more thing I’d like you to look at if you don’t mind. I am seeing network errors in connecting to Roon servers, time servers, and a NAS that seems to be a part of your setup (//SYNO220/homes).

If you go back to the WebUI you shared with me, change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1. This is also a change you can make on your router if you feel confident enough in doing so.

It just seems like the Nucleus is going off the network rather than experiencing a hardware problem (unless it’s the network interface of course).

If you can, try this in the next few hours and I will do my best to get back to you before the weekend.

Thanks,
Wes

Wes—

3 mins into the DNS change—it shut down again. All power goes off, network card lights are out, then after a time span of its choosing, will re-start.

Frank

Potential RMA, moving thread to messages and marking resolved on the public thread.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.