Nucleus launch imminent?

Hi @danny I’ve updated my post.
I’m not using any special power supply…just the one that came with the NUC.
Any advantage using one when my endpoints are all on the network?

Unfortunately the ROCK status webpage does not include any indication on cpu temperature. I’m quite confident all is well as the case only gets slightly warm. I only have 3 endpoints and only upsample to DSD64 on the headphone zone.

Yah, there was a time when Akasa was saying i7 works too, but it was not right.

Agree that the choices are slim to slimmer. As for the SonicTransporter, I’m more inclined to go with the Nucleus for the simple reason I tend to go with Apple: the hardware and, more importantly, the software/OS are being tailored and managed by the source of the same - in this case Roon and R.O.C.K. Though I’ve had few complaints using the MacMini over time (a few hiccups have happened in some prior macOS releases) the server’s been quite noise free (I’ve got it about 15 feet away from my sitting position, and given it’s only use is as a Roon server, it’s not taxed), it is after all designed and supported by Apple as a general purpose, rather than application specific, computer.

However, in the end, the ideal server should deliver the ultimate in sonic performance, along with an unobtrusive, stable and worry free environment. Paying Roon a premium to get that is worth it, at least for me and my lifetime Roon license. So I eagerly await delivery of same at my local high end audio dealer. I don’t begrudge anyone who wants to take on the task of building their own R.O.C.K. based server. In my case, my feeling is that Danny and the folks at Roon will deliver the best solution – having worked for IBM over 30 years and involved in the early PC days and the MicroSoft relationship, I’ve come to appreciate creating a product that is as much as possible designed, developed and manufactured in-house. And one that does one thing, and does it well (rather than products that are high in function, but hard to maintain) are what I’m after. In the world of home audio that’s especially important – especially given the fact that few companies make all the parts, end to end, for any system.

Do you really have plants on top of your speakers?

…yes. They need love, water and lots of jazz :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That’s Awesome!

A post was split to a new topic: Which Nucleus should I get?