Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
- Linksys wifi router, connect to ISP and Cisco 2960L switch
- Cisco 2960L swtich , connect to NAS and Nucleus
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Description Of Issue
Music drop out and Nuclues lost connection，it happens irregularly. I can ping Nucleus, when the roon app can’t connect the Nucleus. Sometime, music will resum in a few minutes later, but sometime music will not resume, so I have to press power button to restart Nucleus.
This problem has happened about 10 times in the past one month.
Could you please help me to fix this problem?
Hi @David_Diao — Thanks for reaching out!
The first thing I notice is that you’re using a managed switch. As mentioned in our Networking Guide, these types of switches often require some advanced setup. It would be good to know if the same behavior occurs if you were to bypass the switch and connect directly to the primary router via Ethernet.
Next, I was hoping to gather a little more info here:
- When this behavior occurs are you able to access the Nucleus Web Administration Interface?
- When the remote device disconnects, are other remotes able to access the Core?
- What type of remote are you using? How is it connected to the network?
- Is all of your media stored on a NAS? Do you have any internal or USB storage? If you’re playing from an internal or USB drive does music stop or keep playing?
Thanks for the info, @David_Diao.
The next time this occurs it would be good to know:
- If you’re using a remote connected to the network via Ethernet is it able to connect?
- Is the power light on the Nucleus still on?
- If playing via a USB drive do things continue playing?
Please also make a note of the time this occurs and respond here with that time and your timezone.
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.