Nucleus not outputting to dac after latest update [Solved - DAC USB Board Replaced]

Hi @Steven_Mercer ,

Thank you for the update here!

This does sound like this is the case here. Do you by any chance know which generation of the Schitt Gungnir USB interface you are using? I was discussing your case with the team and it could be related to the USB interface in use, if you have a very old version, it is possible to upgrade it, although you will need to check with Schiit directly regarding this.

The Gungnir is not very old. Purchase brand new directly from Schiit in 2019. I believe it is the 5th generation. It is a muti-bit.

Hi @Steven_Mercer ,

Have you had a chance to confirm if another DAC also displays this behavior?

The Nucleus HDMI output is always visible, and this is expected behavior.

This means that the Nucleus picked up a new IP address from your router, not alarming, it just lets you know that the IP address of the Nucleus is now different.

A final update. I sent the dac to be serviced by Shiiit and just got it back. They replaced the USB board. Everything’s working fine now! Thanks to Roon Support for all of your time and attention to this.

3 Likes

Glad to hear that they were able to sort the issue out with the USB board , happy listening @Steven_Mercer ! :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.