Nucleus out of stock in Roon Store

When will the Nucleus be back in stock in the Roon store?

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

Coming something new ???

LD

Probably something to do with Intel selling their NUC product line to Asus.

Still out of stock? Every single model?

Is there a way to be alerted when any of them are back in stock?

Not even a way to pay for a pre-order? Seems… odd.

Considering that they just announced the new Nucleus Titan and have hinted months ago that they are working on a new solution for ROCK (after the Intel announcement about the NUC), I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if changes for the regular Nucleus are also in our future.

1 Like

Buy a NUC, or use an old PC and install Rock on it. Save yourself thousands.

I am using a 10+ year old Lenovo x220 i5 laptop, and it works absolutely flawlessly.

3 Likes

Yep. I’m using an old Alienware X51 R3 PC for roon. It’s also around 10+ years old and works great.

1 Like

There’s discussions on the newly announced Nucleus already around the idea that the rear layout indicates it’s possibly a NUC.

As others have said, if you have nothing to repurpose and you need to buy something, buy a NUC.
If you don’t know how to build a NUC, a local computer store will do it for you still saving you a fortune.

I’ve just taken the plunge to fit a 11th Gen i5 into an Akasa Turing TN fanless case. First time, what can go wrong? :sweat_smile:

Thanks, I’m new here and glad I asked because I’d only seen Roon’s website, and of course there’s no mention of Titan there in the store. I didn’t see their blog until just now and have since read up about the Titan. Now it all makes a lot more sense!

2 Likes

The announcement appears in the Roon blog:

There is a whole thread discussing it (with no real conclusion because there is precious little information avaiable) at:

Why is the Roon Store devoid of almost any products? All I see are two versions of the Roon Nucleus (not the new one) and two Audio Quest Dragonfly DAC’s.

1 Like

With Intel moving the NUC elsewhere, the Nucleus getting a bit long in the tooth, Danny stating that they have a new solution for ROCK in the works that they cannot announce yet, and the Titan being announced, I would not be surprised if the regular Nucleus is also waiting to be replaced. I don’t think they can announce a new NUC-successor platform for ROCK and continue selling an 8th gen NUC(leus) for 2K.

I was referring to other products, not Roon products. They used to sell some other things such as speakers, etc. I’m just wondering if it will become just an outlet for Roon branded devices?

1 Like

Oh OK. I guess I never looked much in the store but now that you mention it, I recall there was more 3rd party Roon Ready stuff. Changes everywhere, I guess, and 2024 will be interesting

1 Like

That’s the correct question. Very odd.

And where and when can we order the Nucleus Titan? Has theer been a date mentioned? I came here a month ago looking to purchase. In all this time the online store still hasn’t changed.

A month ago they just unveiled it at CES, it’s not unusual that it takes some time after this for something to become actually available. Apparently Darko said something about March

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.