Nucleus periodically losing connection

@dylan I just lost connection to my nucleus+. Going to the nucleaus+ via a browser also failed. It took a couple minutes for the system to come back up. It was about 3:05pm california time when it happened.

Thanks, @Craig_Palmer!

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

-Dylan

I am still experiencing loss of core episodes. Three occurred yesterday. Core was initializing for about 4 min before it came back online.

Hey @Randy_Hatcher,

I wish to offer my sincere apologies for the continuing difficulties here. We currently have a ticket open with the development team regarding this behavior you’re experiencing. I don’t have an exact timeline for when a change will be released here, but I want to assure you that the team is actively working on a solution. I’ll be sure to keep this thread up to date as new information becomes available.

Kind regards,
Dylan

@dylan - did you get my log files?

Hi @dylan

A dealer of mine is experiencing a similar behavior from their Nucleus. Periodically the Nucleus will loose connection and playback is stopped. This is most noticeable when they leave music on during the night - in every such case the music will have stopped during the night.

Hey @Craig_Palmer,

My apologies here! Yes, the diagnostics report was received and passed over to the technical team for analysis. As soon as they’ve completed their analysis I’ll be sure to update you here.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hey @Randy_Hatcher & @Craig_Palmer,

We just released Roon 1.5 (Build 354) which includes Nucleus stability improvements. We fixed a memory issue we believe was a factor in your reports. Things should be much more stable with the latest release, but let me know if you have any more issues.

You can read more about the update here:

Thanks!
Dylan

1 Like