Nucleus Plus CD ripping problem

I just ripped three CDs using a drive I just plugged into the Nucleus. These FLAC files all play fine using a player on my PC. In Roon, only two albums showed up in new adds and only one of those was identified. They are all popular CDs. Any suggestions?

Yes, tell us what albums they were and show us some screenshots! :slight_smile:
A screenshot of latest added in home view would be nice? (You may want to make sure “Show hidden tracks and albums” is selected)
A screenshot of the SMB Share \\NucleusPlus\data\Storage\<whatever your drive is called>

Not a huge deal. Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live showed up fine. Dire Straits Love Over Gold was not identified. When I identified the album, Roon brought up the correct cover but suggested that the song order was incorrect. It wasn’t. Traveller by Chris Stapleton didn’t show up in the just added. I did find it though, properly tagged as FLAC. It was already in my collection as ALAC so that may have impacted it’s not showing up in the new added screen. Not really a big deal at this point.

1 Like

These situations are not very rare, and a part of the “onbording process” with Roon.
And to be honest, while the ripping functionality is a nice bonus, it’s not really what you should use if ripping is your idea of fun! :slight_smile:
I hear great things about dBPowerAmp, EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and personally i use Easy CD Audio Converter. All will do a better job of ripping, making sure your album is identified and taggec and the most important thing: You can lift your Album-folder out of Roon context and make it usable in any other system.

It would have been added as another version of the already existing album in your library… See:

2 Likes

The other two albums ripped also existed in my library via Tidal but we’re still shown as new adds even though only one was identified. Not a problem since I only did this to see if it worked. My library is now mostly Tidal.

Hey @Gerhard_Martan,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. It looks like you’ve got things sorted out, but if you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know. We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks! :+1:

It doesn’t really matter since I am not adding physical media. I had a drive sitting around and wanted to test this feature. The results were odd and unexpected. No need to pursue this for me.

1 Like