Nucleus Plus non responsive

Nucleus Plus

Nucleus Plus Rev.B S/N 54B203943093 Installed a 4TB Samsung SSD internally.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E Router Model RBRE960
Direct connection via Ethernet to Nucleus. No VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

Currently playing to Sonos speakers through ethernet.

Number of Tracks in Library

About 65,000 tracks total with about 60,000 via Qobuz.
The internal drive has about 5000.

Description of Issue

I have updated to Roon 2.0 and have also been utilizing ARC with no issues. Last week I tried to open the app on my MacBook Pro M1 and it indicated that it was searching for the core. I have tried everything. I have no web interface access and it will not connect to the router. I have tried reseting and I have also tested the ethernet connection with other devices so I know the cable is good. I have also tried utilizing HDMI out to my Monitor and nothing will display.
Basically the power button lights up but that all it will do. I received the unit from Music Direct on September 3, 2021. I would like to ship it in for evaluation and repair. It has worked flawlessly up until last week. I am looking forward to a quick response as I would like to get this back up and running. Thanks.

Since nothing displays on an attached monitor, it sounds like the M.2 that holds the OS has died. Almost a guarantee that’s the problem.

Good luck with that. Hopefully Music Direct will simply replace the unit, rather than ship it out for repair,

It does appear you have a hardware failure. I am going to tag @support for guidance, they will return to the office tomorrow. As you purchased this from Music Direct, you may need to contact Music Direct first to discuss an RMA with MD.

Thanks Robert. I will reach to MD tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hi @Michael_Scarpone,

Let me know if for some reason they cannot or will not honor a warranty by tagging me here. Our dealers are typically amazing but I wanted to make sure you felt like you had another place to go if not!

For now, I’ll mark your last post as the resolution.

Wes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.