Nucleus Plus S.M.A.R.T. Status Bad Error - Need Assistance (ref#OULVJ2)

You must follow the step-by-step instructions, don’t make up things that aren’t mentioned there :slight_smile:

By the way, which dealer in Vienna is this. Just so I know in case I ever move back home :wink:

no .bio file comes up… just and

the horrendous dealer is allsound.at

any chance for a phone call?

The BIOS seems missing…

You can probably skip the whole BIOS section („2. Preparing your NUC’s BIOS“) of the installation guide because you already had a working Nucleus installation previously, so the BIOS should be fine.

Post screenshots if you get stuck.

And thanks for the dealer info, greetings to Vienna :slight_smile:

You saved me… Rock is running, my library is updating. Now I need to get support from Roon to move from ROCK to Nucleus license

2 Likes

and when you come back to Vienna, be in touch! Thanks again

Well done! First time and already better than the dealer :slight_smile:

@benjamin will take care of this.

:+1:

That happens when a computer is being marketed as Hifi device…

1 Like

And you think that network streamers, servers, and indeed AVRs and modern amps don’t have computers inside them?

So does my fridge and washing machine… and shortly we will be confronted with the first humans with computers inside… Few of these devices usually come with user-upgradeable RAM and boot drives, though.

And to me it seems absurd to compare all this with a multi-purpose computer disguised as single-purpose HiFi device by means of a chic chassis and clever marketing…

1 Like

Hey @Gert_Kopera,

Excellent work! Please keep the Nucleus online and connected to your network, and our team will get to work on the OS flash. I’ll follow up once complete! :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Benjamin, as the unit tries to read and sort through my 250k+ library, the Nuc overheats and switches off. I won’t be back at this particular home until March 3 when it will be back online.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hey @Gert_Kopera,

I’d hold off on importing any content onto the device just yet - after the the OS flash, you’ll be all set to restore from a backup normally.

We’ll await your follow up for when the device is back online. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

Hi Benjamin, the Nucleus is back online!

and I temporarily disabled the NAS to stop Roon from adding music to the library.

please let me know when done.

cheers, Gert

Hey @Gert_Kopera,

Apologies for the delay, you should be all set to go. Happy listening! :raised_hands:

Awesome. Thank you very much. Simply perfect. I’m a happy camper, back to enjoying great music.

Best regards

Gert

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.