Nucleus Plus unable to connect to watched folder after Mac restart (ref#TMICXW)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· I'm having trouble adding music to my library

Describe the issue

I have added a watched folder on my Nucleus plus (it's an external SSD connected to my iMac), and Nucleus Plus starts adding the files (quite a lot) and everything is fine. When i turn my Mac off and after restart Nucleus cannot connect to the watch folder. The path to the folder is still shown, however it says cannot connect to... If i delete the path to the watched folder and add it again smb:// etc it connects again however the systems has to import the files again, which takes a lot of time (more than 120000 files) and that's annoying

Describe your network setup

Router Fritzbox 7590, iMac Late 2017, Samsung SSD

What path are you using to connect to the Mac? Name or IP address?

Hi, I‘m using
smb://iMac/Samsung_T5/Music

That’s an odd network address? It should be of the form: smb://<host>/<shared folder>

So if your iMac hostname is iMac, and your Shared Folder is Music - what’s that Samsung_T5 doing there?

1 Like

It‘s the name of the external ssd where my music data are stored. It’s no NAS volume

Yes, but that’s not how you address a shared folder…

Hi again,
see screenshot for my last contact to Roon before shuting down my iMac

This morning after launching the Mac again i was unable to open Roon on the iMac.
i disinstalled the Roon App and installed it again. No success, the Roon Icon was “jumping”.
I cheecked the Roon Application on the Mac (Contents- MacOS) and found these strange messages

What does this mean and is this the reason of my problems?
Thanks in advance, Michael

Hi @Michael_Fitzi ,

How did you reinstall Roon, did you also set aside the old database on the Mac? If not, you can use these instructions to install Roon fresh:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location on the Mac under ~Library (leave the Nucleus database location alone)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page
  • Try to connect to Nucleus

This is expected behavior as it looks like you have the Mac set up to share the hard drive over the network, meaning it relies on the Mac operating system for the share to work.

You might be able to connect a USB drive to your router directly and set it up as a NAS: