Nucleus Power Supply Poll

I doubt you have to mask “bollocks”. :wink:

1 Like

Edited :grinning:
/10 char

1 Like

I’m guessing closure is imminent…mods won’t tolerate much more of the user bashing…

This is the real issue. Everyone hears differently because we are all self taught to listen. Who taught you to listen and how to interpret what you hear? See so doesn’t matter what others hear it’s what you hear and if you like it or not.

While we may be told oh that’s a guitar or a piano sound only what our brain has developed to distinguish one thing from another will determine what each person hears. Plus our ears shape and everything internally while similar is never exactly the same.

Go and enjoy your system what ever it is.

So if someone played a piano and I said I hear a guitar, would you believe me and give me the benefit of the doubt?

1 Like

Interestingly, Floyd E. Toole has shown in his scientific research about sound reproduction, loudspeakers and rooms, that even untrained listeners generally come to the same conclusions about what sound is preferred, they just need more time and trials.

Since the brains adapt to the personal physiology via decades of natural daily training, it doesn’t really matter that much, how individual pinnae and what not are shaped…

1 Like

That’s not even the topic. Differences in hearing (which may be questionable as @Marin_Weigel wrote, but even if we assume they exist) have no bearing on the facts of digital data transmission.

And who bashed anyone (except I being told to grow up)?

Oh c’mon now people!
It looks like at least the last 50 posts have gone so far off topic as to make me wonder how I missed this for so long!

If we can’t get back to something relatively close to “Nucleus Power Supply Poll” it might be time to move along.

5 Likes

The purpose of the thread was to establish an approximation of how many are using alternative PSU’s for their Nucleus in response to something said on another thread. In that respect it served its purpose weeks ago! A few won’t let it go, but neither will they start their own thread. Mainly because they know nobody will visit it! :wink:

1 Like

Went exactly as predicted as well

So like this poll, considering that according to Danny the Nucleus sold tens of thousands,

1 Like

@Henry_McLeod is right. We’ve put the thread on a timer to close. Anyone who wants to make some closing remarks about Nucleus PSU is welcome to do so. Personal remarks about other users not so much.

1 Like

Ok. Don’t waste your money on a replacement, the stock PSU is perfect for the task :grinning:

2 Likes

Computers are computers are not audio :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Whilst one should seek to keep an open mind, it’s important to distinguish between the science and the snake-oil.

If you’ve sunk currency into snake-oil, then don’t be emotionally defensive about your purchase in the face of facts. Learn from it and move on.

3 Likes

Don’t use Hans Beekhuyzen as a reference in any discussion in which one might wish to buttress one’s argument.

2 Likes

Hans sits with test instruments behind him that he never uses. It’s very clever marketing because his followers see him as some sort of technical guru.

Hans is a salesman. A read of his bio tells you all you need to know. Also, if you’re in any way educated in electrics/electronics, his videos are laughable in their lack of science or engineering based evidence. A lot of pretty graphs, testiculating, and hot air.

3 Likes

As it appears that nobody can actually stick to the thread topic I see no point in letting this charade continue to pollute the forum.

6 Likes