Nucleus rescanning hard drive creating duplicate entries (ref#UDGAUU)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

Today my Nucleus started rescanning my attached hard drive and now every album appears twice in my directories. What can I do to eliminate rescanning in the future and how do i get rid of the duplicate entries? Thanks!

Describe your network setup

Nucleus+ hard wired to my TPLINK router. My SanDisc GDrive HD is directly attached to the Nucleus+

Check Settings > Storage to make sure you haven’t got an odd Included Drive path ?

The recent update with Folder Browsing set off a rescan , but that should not have caused duplicates , mine didn’t at least

If there is a rogue drive , let us know , removal should be simple

1 Like

Mike thanks for the reply!
Yes it seems there are ‘rouge’ drives. I only have 1

How do i correct this??
Jim

The first watched folder (…\Data\Storage) is part of the second (…\Data) so the files in …\Data\Storage are scanned twice. I don’t know how you ended with both as watched folders, but I think you should remove the second one, there’s an option to do that if you click on it.

I don’t know how /data and /data/storage have different track counts, how can/storage be more when it should be fully scanned with /data?

Probably still scanning, but in any case things can get very confused when the same files are scanned through two different paths. TL; DR Never set Roon to watch both a folder and one of its subfolders.

No they’re not scanning. I agree it’s not ideal to have the same sources twice, but they should still add up, it’s just a count of compatible audio files it’s found in that specific location, it should always be correct.

I was just stating what I observed (not recently, though), not what “should” be the case, so that the OP can try to fix their issue.

Your screenshot is showing that there is something very wrong about the storage settings of your Nucleus.

Not only is the default Internal Storage folder missing, but you seem to have three incorrect locations added as Network folders.

A Nucleus would normally just have the default Internal Storage displayed as the only Watched Folder, like this (this is my ROCK/NUC system - yours should have “Nucleus+ Internal Storage” as the folder name):

I don’t know why this is missing on your system. You could try using the Nucleus’s Web Administration Interface to Reinstall the Operating System to see if that will correct it. If it does, then you should remove the \\NUCLEUSPLUS\Data > Storage folder and just leave the default Internal Storage folder in place

Either way, you should certainly remove the two network folders \\NUCLEUSPLUS\Data and \\NUCLEUSPLUS\Data > Reinstall. The first is causing your duplication issue and the second is simply wrong.

If there is no change after reinstalling the Roon operating system, let us know here, and the support team will take a look at your system remotely.

1 Like

It’s just struck me that when you wrote “my attached hard drive” - you are talking about a USB drive attached to your Nucleus, and that you probably do not have an additional drive installed in the Nucleus holding your music.

That would explain why you have no default Internal Storage folder.

What threw me is that you have added Watched Folders using the Network Share method. This is not recommended. You should add the root folder of your music collection as a local Watched Folder.

So in :gear: > Storage, clickl the “3 dots” menu next to the \\NUCLEUSPLUS\Data > Storage folder and choose edit.

Now click the browse button to go to the root folder of your music collection on your USB drive. Similar to this on my system…

That “New Volume” drive in my system is a USB Drive. The Music folder is the root folder of my music collection, and that is what I need to select:

(it shows as empty, because this is a test folder I have created to illustrate the steps you need to do)

Click the Select this folder button, and you get the confirmation and options screen:

Click Add, and you have added it as a Watched Folder:

1 Like