Nucleus/ROCK CD ripping locks up sometimes [Solved with RoonOS Build 254]

To the Roon team

I treated myself to a - not cheap - Nucleus + in November 2020. This also includes a monthly fee for the software - not cheap.

Then you can expect that the teething troubles have been resolved.

I have 400 CDs that I want to rip with Roon and Nucleaus in high quality and store them in my database.

So get an external CD drive and connect it, insert the CD and everything was wonderful and worked. The next day the next CD’s and the next day a couple of CD’s. So far everything is good. After a week nothing worked. The last ripped CD was displayed on the system page.

There was a little update.

Then the red button with “Reboot” or “Power Off” no longer works either. Why is the button even visible when it doesn’t work - the programmer’s beginner’s mistake?

Then searched the community and found the hint that I am not the only one and the error is already known - but it will not be fixed - and we should now pay diligently for it every month? The Roon team should urgently give some thought and finally tackle the problem.

If I rip a CD and then immediately - within a minute - insert the next CD, then the next CD is ripped. When I’m done I have to unplug the CD drive immediately - again within a minute. Then I can continue the next day. If I miss the time slot - you know - pure frustration. And then turn the Nucleus off and on again using the power switch.

That can’t be the solution!

And now came 1.8. Hope it’s resolved.

Disenchantment - not better, rather worse.

So Roon Team - how do you see that?

I am a paying customer of yours.