Nucleus Server Software not running

Hopefully you can help with this…

I work in a Hi-Fi shop. Our demo Roon Nucleus has stopped serving to all our endpoints. It is correctly connected to our network, and reports the following info on its web interface:

Operating System: OK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable

Roon Labs Software: OK Version 1.0 (build 12) stable

Roon Server Software: Not Running

Roon Database & Settings: OK 97% of 114 GB available

Initially, I’d hit the Server Software “Start” button several times, which returned a Roon Server successfully restarted message, despite it not being restarted. I then successfully reinstalled the operating system, which correctly indicates run time, but the server software still states Not Running. Now when I click “Start”, it reports Roon Server could not be successfully restarted.

I’ve rebooted the Nucleus both via software, hard power-down as well as unplug/replug, I’ve rebooted our router and relocated the Nucleus to be directly connected to the router (no switches in line).

We currently use this Nucleus as our store’s Roon Core, so all the demo systems have now gone silent.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hello @Audio_Ark_Demo,

Thanks for getting in touch as soon as you ran into this critical issue :sweat: . We’d love to help sort this out.

Can you try the following?

• Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Great advice, Rebeka. Worked like a charm. Everything is up and running again!

Many, many thanks!

Bob Meyer
Audio Ark

1 Like