Nucleus+ shutting down after latest update

Roon Core Machine

Hi - my Nucleus+ has started shutting down on it’s own after the latest update. Each time I manually start it, it runs (boots?) for 2-3 minutes and then shuts down. It was working fine, till the last update, immediately after which I started encountering this problem.
Unfortunately, I am not able to send any screenshots/diagnosis, since the Nucleus+ is not powered on.
Desparate help required!
Thanks,

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Just to add, I find others in the community who are having the same issue after the update. No one seems to have found a solution to this problem as yet

Hey @Vikram_Shahi,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

This is an odd issue indeed! For a next step, please reproduce the issue a few times and take note of the date and time (and track that is playing if applicable) and share that information here. From there, we’ll enable diagnostics on your account to take a closer look :+1:

Hi Ben - Indeed, I am very disappointed with Roon Supports response time. I also don’t believe that you have understood the problem. My Nucleus+ shuts down the moment I try to log in. So there is no question of date/time/track that is playing. I have sent a screenshot of what happens when I power up the Nucleus+ and then try logging in.
Lastly, I have contributed to Roon revenues by just buying a new Nucleus+ (could not wait indefinitely any more) and have junked my earlier Nucleus+. Although, I am staying clear of doing any updates, given my terrible experience earlier!

Hey @Vikram_Shahi,

I’m not seeing any screenshots on this thread, could you please try re-uploading them? I understand needing to get access back to your music as soon as possible, my apologies there.

Let me know if you’d like to continue troubleshooting your problematic Nucleus :+1:

Hi - As I mentioned, I have junked my Nucleus and bought a new one. So I don’t think you can really help me here.
Thanks.

I’m closing this thread then.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.