Nucleus stopped responding - had to reboot

I don’t need any of the home automation stuff, thermal management is important, I just need the MUSIC up & running… Noris is helping me out, in the meantime, I will install ROCK once the SSD is delivered, This will confirm it was the fault with the Transcend SSD. In parallel let the RMA team do it’s stuff in parallel.

1 Like

It’s confirmed, the Transcend m2 was the issue… Now the N+ boots up properly, and is asking for a proper boot drive… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

N+ is up & running… I feel it is a little smooth overall… I’m missing a few ARTWORK of Albums…

1 Like

Hi @Tushar_das,

Hope you had a great New Years celebration and glad to hear that you’re up and running here with the new SSD + the ROCK install!

The RMA team was about to email you to let you know to do a ROCK install, but I see you’ve already done that.

We should be able to issue a remote update to update the ROCK software to Nucleus from our end, I’ve let the team know that the ROCK install was successful and that they should issue the remote RoonOS update.

1 Like

Awesome… Happy New year to you too… :slight_smile: and the BIOS settings too. I now have 4 HDMI ports showing up instead of 2 in my Audio settings on the ROON Remote…

1 Like

Any ETA in this regard. ?

Hello @noris , I will be packing up stuff today for my departure on 7th 9:30 AM PST. Just for your information…

1 Like

Hi @Tushar_das,

I submitted the request, but it is still pending review, once it reaches the team it shouldn’t take too long to make the upgrade. Are you planning to bring your Nucleus with you on the trip or will it remain offline after today?

1 Like

It travels with me… :slight_smile: My deputations are long upwards of 18 months or so…

1 Like

Hi @Tushar_das,

Can you please message us when you have reached your destination and the Nucleus is online?

It appears you might have packed up the Nucleus before the RMA team reached the request and the Nucleus needs to be online to make the change.

Safe travels!

1 Like

I will bring it online now… I’m traveling tomorrow 9:30 AM PST…

1 Like

I can confirm the nucleus is online…

1 Like

Dear @noris any ETA on this remote update?

Dear @noris Can I have an update, Please? Is the update complete by the RMA team or is it pending or Do I need to do something at my END?

Hi @Tushar_das,

Apologies for the delay, I’ve submitted the request with the team, but I haven’t heard back from them yet, when they last reviewed the case this afternoon, the Nucleus wasn’t online to perform the change.

I’ve let the team know of your travels tomorrow, we’ll try to make the change by then, but if not can you please just let us know when you are up-and-running with the Nucleus at the new location?

Thanks!

1 Like

Dear @noris. I have reached my destination… I’m online… Please feel free to update the RMA team to initiate the process.

Thank You.

1 Like

Hi @Tushar_das,

Thanks for the update, I let the RMA team know!

1 Like

Hi @Tushar_das,

I just got an update from the RMA team saying that the command to change over to Nucleus firmware has been sent and it appears to be successful, please reboot the unit and let us know if you have any further issues!

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.