Nucleus+ to Lumin D2 Connections

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Lumin D2 on Ethernet

Description Of Issue
I am trying to make sure I have the correct cables to hook up my D2 when it arrives. I have the Nucleus hooked up to my Routers Ethernet and the Lumin D2 will also be.

What I am not sure of is I need a USB cable between the two. If so I do not easily find a quality USB A to a USB A cable.

There is no way to physically connect a Nucleus directly to a LUMIN D2 (the D2’s USB port is for local USB drives only). The LUMIN D2 is a Roon Ready streamer and, as such, requires only an Ethernet cable. Open the LUMIN app>Settings on your iOS device and ensure the unit is in “Roon Ready” mode. Then “Enable” the D2 using Roon’s interface: Menu>Settings>Audio>Networked/Roon Ready.

Thanks for the responses. That is what I thought but wanted to be sure. New to streaming digital content.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.