Nucleus+ unresponsive and not showing up in network (ref#A5U0XU) (ref#3M5DM6)

Affected Product

Nucleus

Nucleus Model

Nucleus+ Rev B

Description of Issue

Nucleus+ unresponsive and not showing up in network (ref#A5U0XU). Received back from ROON repair for the same problem on January 20, 2024. It worked for only 5 days.

RAM & Internal Storage

4TB

Connected Audio Devices

Cambridge Audio Eco 150 and CXNv2, Yamaha 602

Home Network Details

Ethernet, NetGear Orbi, TPLink 8 port router

Hey @SGSurf,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit more issues with your recently repaired Nucleus.

Could you please attempt to access the webUI of the device:

And with that, if you could also share a screenshot of what you see when plugging the Nucleus into a monitor via HDMI, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

1. I’m getting an error trying to reply to your email that reads in part: “We’re writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (community) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group.” That is from clicking on Reply using Microsoft Outlook. I am concerned about this.
  2. Here is what was in my reply: Benjamin,

The Nucleus+ is not showing on the web, as reflected in the attached Web UI screen shot. This Is the same symptom as in the previous repair ref#A5U0XU . I was never told what problem they were fixing by reloading the BIOS but I’m wondering if the Nucleus has any anti hacking security built in. I use Netgear Armor on my network and had noticed frequent attempts to penetrate the Nucleus but none since January 27 which is about the time this problem started happening. That last attack was, supposedly, from location 194.165.16.73 and two more from 194.165.16.72.

Sounds like all hands on deck.

Thanks for your help
Stephen""

I don’t know how to attach the screen image I included to this message but it just said: “Safari Can’t Open the Page 192.168.1.33 because the server where this page is located isn’t responding”

Let me know if this help or not and what’s up with google blocking my reply?
Stephen

Hi @SGSurf,

Thanks for the update. If you find that your port is being scanned, you should check on your network firewall and verify any security settings. This type of behavior deals with your network, not your Nucleus.

This could be from your Netgear security, blocking returning requests from upstream servers associated with Discourse (Community) and Roon.

Can you share a screenshot of your Nucleus plugged into a monitor via HDMI? This can often help with any hardware diagnostic information.

02/07/24

Hi Ben,

I attached the Nucleus to a keyboard and Monitor via HDMI and there was no response from the nucleus with or without ethernet, or by pressing the enter key. It appears to be DOA.

Is Nucleus repair in house or outside. It will help if I can verify emails I receive by creating a contact before hand.

Thanks for your help,

Stephen

Hi @SGSurf,

They are handled in-house, and I will follow up via private message with next steps. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.