"Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro /64 bits/ Core i7/new Roon download

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

cabled ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Machine is just working as a Roon core, mo audio devices

Description Of Issue

Every time when I start the Roon Core program I got a pop up with the Fatal Error:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object

The Roon programm does not start so my clients ( a Desktop PC and a Auralic streamer) do not connect

I de-installed the Roon programm en downloaded the latest version of Roon , the fatal error did not disappear.
Other programms are normally running ( Plex, media monkey )
I just bought the life time version of Roon.

Hi @John_van_den_Burg,

What GPU does your device use? Does it support OpenGL 3.0? Can you try updating your graphics drivers?

Is there any change if you install the latest .NET framework?

If the machine is just a core, have you thought about running RoonServer which has no GUI. The server is then controlled from clients.

Nothing changed in my PC, I do not have a separate video card , Intel Core i7 -8700 CPU @ 3.3Ghz is build with a GPU as far my knowledge supports me.
Ironic; I yust bought a life time licence , now its not working anymore

I will send you a log file but i do not have a dropbox or things like that, whre can i sens the logfile?

Hi @John_van_den_Burg,

You should be able to check which GPU you’re using with these instructions.

You should also try updating .NET framework here:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.