Odd iOS remote behaviour when it gets out of sync [Investigating]

Sorry no I can’t remember that far back

Hey @CrystalGipsy,

Thanks for sending those over. To confirm, are these the reproduction steps in your case:

1. play music from roon
  2. minimise roon
  3. let it play for a bit (20-30 mins?)
  4. pull roon back to the forefront

Issue occurs - Roons UI fast forwards to the correct song/time?

Thanks!

Not exactly sure about the times but yes that’s the order of events. I also go it the other day again on my iPhone by the way.

Perfect, thanks @CrystalGipsy. Any additional information to include in reproducing the issue would be helpful as our team continues to attempt reproducing in house.

Do you see the issue happen with particular file resolutions? Local content versus streamed content? Do you always keep music playing when the windows remote goes idle? Is the music ever paused, and the UI still plays catch up?

Cant say I have noticed it with any specific resolution not that I have taken note on it at the time. Usually when its playing, but i have seen it update when i music has stopped and I have gone to the remote to add another album to play.

1 Like

Okay the app needs does the same if music has stopped and I go back to the app to play another track/album initially it’s on some track from the last time it was in sync but not necessarily the last one that played after a second or so it clears.

Thanks for the update @CrystalGipsy!

I know you mentioned its quite difficult to capture a video of the issue, but I did want to bump the idea again just in case you might get the chance to catch it over the next few days. We’re still in the process of trying to reproduce the issue on our end, and seeing it occur on your affected device would be helpful. :pray:

You can’t of the ffwd things as I have no idea when it will do it and by the time I have got screen recording going it will be over. I can capture the regular being behind which is more or less all the time but I am sure this is easily reproducible.

And it went and did the fast forward thing again earlier on iOS I couldn’t get to screen recording before it was back. I will have to preempt it and just record before each time I use the app.

Hey @CrystalGipsy

I’ve experienced it a few times. Normally after the phone has been screen off or when not on the Roon app for few tracks say.

I’m wondering if this is an Apple/iOS thing as it didn’t do it prior to iOS 16.4 update (not that I noticed).

It done it for me for 4 months and on Windows it’s a Roon thing not the OS.

1 Like

Hi All,

Can you please confirm if you are still seeing this issue on the latest Roon release? We had a fix in this area in our previous release which may have helped, it would be good to confirm if this issue is still active, thanks!

It still lags behind all the time when brought back from background on iOS Not seen the ffwd thing for while though this is just behind and then catches up. Even happened when a notification screen on iOS came up to tell me battery was low closed it it jumped to catch up. Infact any time it’s not infocus or you have interaction with iOS screen seems to stop it from actually running. Complete opposite of I use other apps they all keep up and are where they should be on resuming them. Only Roon exhibits this behaviour and it never used to. Maybe they are just quicker to restore themselves and I don’t notice.

1 Like

Definitely not fixed. Just did ffwd on an album that had finished playing. Opened up the app timeline zooms along to catch up. I can’t believe you have not really found this behaviour as it’s not unique to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.