Offline mode for client devices [in progress, but be patient.. it's a huge feature]

The absence of this feature is the reason I’m staying with Plex at the moment although in terms of library management, metadata and audiophile features Plex isn’t anywhere even close to Roon. I’m hoping for this one to arrive soon, staying patient. :slight_smile:

I’d be happy if I could just, while on my LAN, sync playlists (and their associated music) to my phone for use in airplane mode (no connections whatsoever). Doesn’t have to be the full collection. But can’t require a connection of any sort while using the music on the phone – “offline” means offline. I see this is a 3-year-old topic; must be hard.

Mobile is not easy, and it’s just one of the things that Roon Labs are working on at the moment. See this post:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/why-are-we-excited-about-chromecast-or-sonos/45649/45

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon with the possibility to do without an internet connection [not on roadmap]

Wondering if this is still a topic?