Old Windows PC running roon now crashing and can't run

hi Benjamin,

yes it would be really much more useful if we could have this discussion without having to wait 24-hours for reply to each sentence!

Nevertheless, I have installed again the latest version, I have uploaded to the server logs server the log you requested

I’ve now gone back to the old one again because, as before, the new version doesn’t work.

If you can tell me how to make it work I will be very pleased.

Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Julian

Hey @Julian_Fiorentini,

Thank you for sending those over. After reviewing things more closely, we’re seeing a potential issue linked to build mismatches. A database refresh should help in this case. Steps to follow below:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Let me know if you’re able to function properly on production after the above. :+1:

did all of that, didn’t work

Had to revert back again

Any other ideas?

so, anybody got anything extra for me? have I got to put up with this or can someone come up with a solution?

Hey @Julian_Fiorentini,

This is an odd issue indeed, and so I very much appreciate your continued patience while we continue to investigate. Unfortunately, re-reviewing your core diagnostics didn’t provide as useful information as we had hoped.

The next thing we’d like for you to test would be removing the second display/monitor that is attached to your Windows 10 core and try launching the production build.

Beyond that, do you have any particular antivirus or third-party security software running on the core device? If so, I would temporarily disable it and test running production.

okay, it’s actually only attached physically to one monitor, the other monitor is virtual because I use a virtual login remote utility software to actually view the computer. I very rarely turn on the TV it’s connected to, only when necessary.

I have told it to output on only one machine although it still senses both.

my software is bitdefender, not sure that’s really an issue, you’re kind of grasping at straws there I think

by the way, I also have a folder called Roonserver & Roongoer in the location where you told me to look for my Roon database folder, is this significant?

fixed it!

It was “Dell Display Manager” on a machine that was no longer connected to a Dell monitor.

Deleting that has fixed the problem and I’m now on the current build… I’m really relieved.

Thank you for your assistancee, you pointed me in the right direction even if you didn’t get it exactly right yourselves.

Hope this thread helps others out who are having the same issue.

Many thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.