On 14 Day Trial - Roon only reads about 107 folders on network drive

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 20.4 -

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP-Link using dnla mini server with 1TB hard disl connected to usb.
Tried this with Android Tablet, Andriod Phone and Win10 laptop all ok apart form the issue below.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Using Device cambriidge CXN V2

Description Of Issue

Everything seems to work ( very pleased with service ) but Roon only reads about 107 folders from dnla service when it has 500 folders.
Is there a limitaion with the trial version?

Roon doesn’t work with DNLA. It works by you specifically pointing it at the file locations you want scanned. Where is your Roon core? On the laptop?

Ah , yes mislead the community here, it is connected to network drive same issue, only reads so many folders then gives up, check files etc all ok.

Have you checked in settings/library to see.if it logs any skipped files?

The trial version is fully functional so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Hi, no skipped files…

Thks Henry for you’re entry.

1 Like

What is the folder hierarchy of the music directory? How has it been added in Roon. Are permissions fully open on all directories?

Hello, I have decided to try mount my backup disks on the core ubuntu machine and setup a smb
Should be interesting…

Works with my backup disks mounted on the core machine , looks like roon dont like my tp-link router shared drive.
Thks for the help,

1 Like

That could well be a limitation of the router then. All’s well that ends well!

Hi @Ian_Underwood,

Welcome to the forum!
It sounds like you sorted the issue out, so I’ll go ahead and mark this one as [Solved].
If you wish to read more on storage, I would suggest looking over our Add Folders By Path guide.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.