Once a week ROCK disappears from network

great, ill give it a try this weekend

Update: Its been almost two weeks since i made the static changes to my router and ROON has been up for the whole time. This is great news and it appears that changing from a Google mesh router (in which i had previously tried and failed at the static route) to a Netgear where the static designation appears to work is successful
However, and this is a cautionary tale. I made the calamitous mistake of setting static route on the ROCK as well. This literally bricked the rock with no ability for me to reach it through my router or browser IP. I tried doing a recover install but this did not help. I landed up wiping and doing an entirely new install. What a nightmare. IN the future ROON needs to be very clear that setting the static routing on the ROCK side (as opposed to the router side) is not advised

1 Like

Hi @neil_kaye,

Thanks for the update here! This is great news indeed, happy to hear that setting static/reserved IP has resolved this issue for you!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.