One disc in multi-disc set being treated as separate album

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus Roon with 2TB Samsung EVO SSD installed Version 1.7 build 537 stable 64-bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-N66U - ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

McIntosh MAA8900 direct USB connection

Description Of Issue

In re Keith Jarrett’s Sun Bear Concerts. This is a 6-CD set. I have all tracks from the set in a folder in the Nucleus internal SSD. THe basic directory structure is Artist Name->Album Name->CD1 (or 2 or 3 …)->Track file

I checked the tags on the track files using JRiver, so I know that there is no variation in artist name, album name, genre, etc.

However, for some reason, CD4 is treated as a separate album. CDs 1-3, and CDs 5-6 show as one multi-disc item.

Why is CD4 being broken out on its own.

Hi Alan,

Check out Merge Albums in the Knowledge base. This will help you combine the albums.

Also, this kB article will show Roon’s preferred directory structure for boxed sets.

Cheers, Greg

Thank you. The Merge Album worked nicely. It cleaned up some others I was having trouble with.

It would still be interesting to know what it was that prevented Roon fo seeing all 6 discs as part of the same album, if only to avoid issues in the future. I imagine some future rescan/reboot might undo the merge, and we’re back to square 1.

Hi @Alan_Pearson,

A rescan shouldn’t cause any issues here, but for the future I’d definitely check out this article for best practices on box-sets.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.