Open port 5500 on public IP-Address leads to Roon ARC server on NAS (ref#IASCBW)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

Other

Everyone can see that the port 5500 is open on your public IP-Address (your router/firewall). No one can know where it leads to (Roon ARC server running on your NAS). As long as the connected service is secured, and Roon ARC is, then you’re fine. If you don’t trust Roon Labs and Roon ARC then your only option is to not use Roon ARC. Set the port number for ARC in Roon settings to 0 to disable the automatic port forwarding.

Is it not possible to add the ports of ROON ARC to my firewall
To allow only ROON access via port 5500 ?

Hello @reichartz - your opening post is in fact the answer given by @BlackJack to a Support Request that you raised a while back.

I assume that you are asking for clarification of his solution?

I’ve moved your post into the ARC category of the forum for further replies.

Another option, which I use myself, is to enable VPN on your gateway. Connect with your phone and run ARC, works excellent!

ARC is a direct connection from the client to your core. There is not a “just Roon” option here. It’s a client-> server application where “the server” is the core that lives on your home network.

This should not surprise anyone with the now year+ of discussion and documentation Roon Labs has provided.

If you’re having issues with ARC we need more info about what issues you’re having.

Except be careful because there is a huge :fly: in Roon that resets the port when any Roon software restarts.

Or just disable UPNP in your router, then it doesn’t matter which port Roon tries to use…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.