OPENGL 3.0 Not Supported when starting Roon Via Remote Desktop Win10

When I remotely reboot my Roon server I am unable to start Roon over remote desktop. I have to physically log into that PC to start Roon or I’ll get the OpenGL 3.0 or Higher is Required. Is there a way to suppress this error on startup?

1 Like

I have the same problem with a old laptop, the graphics are not enough or to old. Mine is old Intel 400 .

An out of date graphics card driver I can fix, but this is because remote desktop should be on the list of exceptions for this error. I need a way to override the error because the PC it’s running on is perfectly capable of displaying Roon, but Roon is looking at the Remote Desktop as an issue.

If I sit at that PC and start Roon up, and then Remote desktop into it from another location, everything works fine.

Apologies if I wasn’t clear. I do recall that TeamViewer had no problems with this - I am using the standard MS Remote Desktop functionality in Win10 Pro

Well, I work with LInux and a combination of Android, and also Win 10.
The server is Linux on a HP microserver, and Ubuntu 16.04 , the rest is done via other OS 's . So there is a other problem. Sorry not knowing how to help you further on this problem.
I use Webmin for Linux as a remote via network.

The problem Open GLwith the graphics is hardware for me, not the drivers.

I just figured it out. Made a simple batch file to disable my remote sessions and start Roon:

tscon 2 /dest:console
CD “C:\Users\Frans\AppData\Local\Roon\Application”
Roon.exe

Then login again a minute later and voila; Roon in all its glory. Helps to run as an Administrator. the “2” is my particular remote session. Run “query session” from the command prompt to see what this session ID is. It may be “1” for most.

1 Like

RDP uses a virtual video device that doesn’t have Open GL support and thus you see this error.

You could try something like VNC instead.

No need - simple fix (see above)

PS) Roon core was created for headless installs but of course would require an additional remote to control it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.